Followers

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Button, button, who's got the button?

Button, button, who's got the button? I never played that game, but I remember my mom telling us about how they'd pass a button around and then see who ended up with it. Reminds me of musical chairs in my school days. This week the challenge at The Paper Shelter Blog is "BUTTONS". Buttons come in all shapes and sizes, and you're welcome to use any buttons in your stash.

The image I used for my card this week is named:  Sophie in the Country.  I loved the way this little pre-colored image was done so I didn't color this week and used this beautifully done artwork by Pedro and Veronica at The Paper Shelter.  I adore Sophie's vibrant red hair! 


I used a Spellbinder die for around my image and punches by Martha Stewart, Apex and Stampin' Up. The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley.  My flowers are hand crocheted with button centers, and I added a button in the middle of my blue satin bow, too. The orange lace and rhinestones are from my stash.

I'm thinking that most card makers have used a button or two at some point and have some in their stash, so this is a great challenge! I'm sure I have more buttons than some dressmakers have and I loved this challenge since it gave me a chance to sit and view the entire tackle box of buttons I have been collecting. Note:  I didn't say hoarding, although my collection is rather large.

Remember that if you use one of the images from The Paper Shelter that the winnings are much greater!


I hope you'll consider entering this challenge with the topic of BUTTONS!  The team at The Paper Shelter Blog have made cards that we hope will inspire and encourage you to join us this week.  I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

                                                                                    Hugs,
                                                                                    Gail

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Digi Haven, Crafty Ribbons, Scrapping 4 Fun, Pattie's Creations, Sister Act, Alphabet Challenge, Crafty Catz, Pile It On, Incy Wincy tic-tac-toe (Lace, Free, Wings), Creative Moments, Milk Coffee, Paper Crafting Journey, Pink Gem, My Creative Moments, Melonheadz Friends, Craft-Dee Bowz, Come and Get It, That Craft Place, The Paper Players

38 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card! I love the color combo, sparkly butterflies, ribbon, & the lace. Thanks for participating at scrapping4funchallenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail what a fabulous card so bright and colourful and your crochet flowers are fabulous! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Gail and love those crochet flowers too....
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card fab design and image loving your colour scheme Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the blue gingham with the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! This is gorgeous! Beautiful coloring on the image, card colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the crochet flowers with the buttons.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges!
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Gail...I love the colour combo you've used for this pre-coloured cutie. Wonderful design as always. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card -- love your color choice! Thanks for joining the April challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, love the colour combo, and those crocheted flowers, makes me want to dig out my crochet hooks LOL! hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card! I love Sophie and the design of your card! The buttons on the little doilies is wonderful! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Digi Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Gail! I just love the bright colors you´ve used. Beautiful design :)
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey..SueDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous with great colors, very well designed and all those little embellishThank you for joining us at the Come And Get It challenge this week.ments really make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, those colours really sing out! So lovely to see something bold and bright to remind us that Spring/Summer aren't too far away. Your crocheted flowers are adorable, too! Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is such a beautiful card!
    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet-Challenge!

     

    Hugs and kisses from germany,

    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, Gail! The image is a real sweetie (I have this one, must give her an airing!) Lovely design. The blue gingham paper gives it a very appropriate 'country' feel and contrasts so beautifully with your fabulous flowers!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gail, I see you managed to find your button, I love your scene all the details youve put into creating a stunning card, I love your colouring, papers and the whole design. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card, the colours are so contemporary and striking. brilliant. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice. Great bright colours and design. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a bright and cheery card and she looks as if she's having a relaxing time, just hanging out and enjoying the butterflies! Love these colors and it'd be only you, Lacey, to have "orange" lace on hand to match! The crocheted flowers are lovely, as well as all the diecuts you used -- they have such fantastic designs out nowadays . . . this card has got to be a winner in some of your entered challenges -- Good Luck, and that's no April fool !!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a beautiful card! I love your red headed gal! Thanks for sharing with us at Pile it On this week!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, I love the butterflies and flowers~! Thanks for joining Scrapping4FunChallenges!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!! Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining at Scrapping4FunChallenges!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this colour combo, so bright, fun and cheery...... super great job... xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty. Love the colours and all your embellishments.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is fabulous Gail. Such lovely colours and details xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a gorgeous card, such a beautiful image and I love your colour combination.
    Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
    Pauline
    x
    P.S. I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card I love the spashes of orange. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty project. Thank you for joining us at Pile It On this time and we hope to see you again soon. Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such bright charming card Gail. I love the crochet flowers. I might even dig out some yarn and needle to make a few myself. It's a wonderful vibrant card that I love.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    Ps. Loved how the 50's card turned out as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. A gorgeous card, lovely colours...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello!

    What a beautiful card you made! I really like your color choices! So sweet flowers below the buttons!

    Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  36. please visit Scrapping4funChallenges. Follow this link.
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.ch/2014/04/winner-winner-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. this is adorable! I love the colors you picked for this card! very bright! love your coloring too!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete